If you’ve noticed that your hair is getting progressively thinner, ignoring the issue is by far the worst action you can take. While some hair loss problems can resolve themselves, some will simply get worse as time goes on.
Many people suffer from hair loss due to various factors like:
- Prolonged illness
- Nutritional deficiency (Crash diets that lack sufficient protein, Iron and Vitamins)
- Hormonal imbalance – thyroid gland problems (either overactive or under active)
- Chemical and Physical stress to the hair shaft from Hair Coloring, Perming, Permanent
- straightening or lengthening
- Severe emotional Stress
- Infection of the scalp – Fungal infections and Medications.
We offer personalized hair care and treatments based on your genetic profile and hair structure. Treatments like Low level Laser therapy, Dermaroller, Growth factor Scalp Infusions/PRP Treatments , Kosmo Hair Gen and /or Hair Transplant will be recommended along with Hair Serum and Nutritional supplements.
Your queries answered by Dr. Chytra:
- You are losing hair in an unusual pattern
- You are losing hair rapidly or at an early age (for example, in your teens or twenties)
- You have any pain or itching with the hair loss
- The skin on your scalp under the involved area is red, scaly, or otherwise abnormal
- You have acne, facial hair, or an abnormal menstrual cycle
- You are a woman and have male pattern baldness
- You have bald spots on your beard or eyebrows
- You have been gaining weight or have muscle weakness, intolerance to cold temperatures, or fatigue.
Several health conditions, including thyroid disease and iron deficiency anemia, can cause hair loss. So it is important to exclude such underlying causes with sudden or severe hair loss.
Asmentioned above, there are many treatments availablefor hair fall like Low level Laser therapy, Dermaoller, Growth factor Scalp Infusions and /or Hair Transplant. Depending on your condition, genetic profile and hair structure a treatment of a combination of treatments will be recommended to you.
Hair removed from the safe donor area regions in the back and on the sides of the scalp is genetically programmed to continue growing over the course of a lifetime and doesn’t get affected by pattern baldness. Transplanted hair will continue to grow under normal condition.
Complications like infection, bleeding, scarring are extremely rare when the procedure is performed by a competent surgeon.There is also the chance that a patient may not achieve the fullness that he or she expected, which is why patients need to set realistic goals during their consultation.