Dark Circle Reduction
Dark Circles / Puffy Eyes / Tear Troughs / Droopy Eyelids / Crow’s Feet
We often complain about the appearance of our eyes. It can be one of the first areas to show aging. The main signs of aging eyes are: Dark Circles, Wrinkling and drooping skin, Tear Troughs and Puffiness / Hollowness. It makes an individual look unhealthy or tired. Healthy and fit individuals with any one of these conditions may look unwell or dragging, even when they are not.
Thin skin, compromised blood flow, and environmental factors contribute to visible changes in this region. Many other factors can contribute to the quality of your skin around your eyes, including pigment, elasticity, and thickness. Fat, bone, and muscle can play a huge role as well.
There are many treatment options available today for the skin around the eyes ranging from non-surgical to surgical. One might have to use a combination of treatments for dark circle reduction depending on the concern like:
- Hollowness / Tear Troughs – Dermal Fillers can be used to increase the volume and replace the lost fat around the area
- Dark circles – Peels & Lasers
- Puffiness –Dermal Fillers can be performed for support & Radio Frequency / HIFU treatment for lid rejuvenation. The ultrasound waves cause deep heating of the skin fat which produces collagen & elastin to tighten the skin
- Droopy eyelid – Blepharoplasty & Brow lift
- Crows Feet/Eye Wrinkles–Botox injection can be used, ultimately stopping the wrinkles from forming or getting deeper
Thin skin and muscle responds beautifully to small amounts of products, injectables, and lasers.
With a problem-targeted plan you can get control of your dark circle issues in no time.
Your queries answered by Dr. Chytra:
Puffy eyes are due to loss of support to the skin, fat and muscle in the eye area. This happens commonly due to the hollowing of under eye area with laxity of the skin. All you need is 15 mins to correct it with a Hyaluronic aciddermal filler, followed by skin tightening with HIFU / RF
With dermal fillerprocedures , results will last upto 18 monthsdepending on the filler used.
As early as possible, as the longer you delay, the worse the hollowing, eye bags and dark circles. Maintenance is easy, correction is the tough part. So at the first signs of dark circles or hollows, have the fillers done.